Gosh, I can't believe it. I actually created a blog (without my son's help). This is truly amazing for me. I'm one of those people that is good at some things on the computer, software programs such as word, excel, etc. I even do my banking online. But blogging, MySpace and Facebook are all new to me. I better stop before I really give away how old I am. Let's just say in high school I learned to type (I think it's called keyboarding now) on an typewriter and I made it through college without taking a computer class nor did I have a computer.
The New Year celebration is long gone, and I've already broken one resolution. About eating better of course. All my adult my weight has been a struggle. Some years I control it better than others. Some periods in my life I have actually fit into regular size clothes. (Sizes without a W beside it.) Presently I can wear the bigger sizes without the W or I can wear the smaller size W's. So any way you slice it, I still fat and I need to lose weight. Not so much for vanity anymore, although it would help. But it's mostly for health reasons, my cholesterol is too high, I'm out of shape, I can't move like I want to and probably the most important of all I'm a cancer survivor. And all studies show the better you eat the less change you have of getting cancer or in my case getting some kind of cancer again.
I can't believe at the end of February 2009 we will have been back in SW Virginia (Wise to be precise) for 2 years. In some ways it's flown and then in other ways it seems like an eternity. We moved back home after living away for over 25 years. The first 15 years was in Bristol, VA then we lived in WV, Christiansburg, VA and then Lexington, SC for almost 9 years. We moved home because, well because of lots of reasons. My husband's white collar job with a large company got cut due to corporate restructuring. I did not go back to my job after my bout with cancer. (We did not know about Greg's job at the time I didn't go back.) I didn't go back to my job in May 2006 and Greg found out in June 2006 that his job was ending at year end. We actually looked, mostly my husband, for comparable work in the Columbia, SC and when he didn't find any we took this as a sign God wanted us to go elsewhere. We had talked about getting moving closer home, for several years, but it's hard to walk away from good jobs.
We started looking between Knoxville, TN and Roanoke, VA. We really wanted to move back to the Tri-Cities (Bristol, Kingsport, or Johnson City). But apparently that wasn't God's plans. We didn't find any good jobs in the Tri-Cities and my dad found out about a business for sale in Wise County. (In retrospect, maybe that was a little too close to home!) Greg had always wanted to own his own business, so we investigated, everything fell into place. The bank actually loaned us a lot of money to buy this business. We found a house for sale and the people held it for us for three months until we were ready to move back. It's like it was meant to be. I'm one if I'm not sure about a decision, I ask God to show me a sign. The signs were there, everything I mean everything just fell into place. The only stronger sign I could of had was a burning bush.
So now we've been here almost two years. We have a ATV, UTV and tractor dealership. The first year was actually pretty good. I don't have to tell you now it's really tough. We still have business but we can't get anyone financed. The credit markets have almost completely dried up. So now I feel my family, especially my husband, is struggling. Struggling to make a business work in economic conditions we NEVER imagined and have no control over. I'm struggling with, Why would God seemingly bring us to this place and let us struggle so much. So as you can see this move while easy at first, is now something I struggle with everyday. Did we make the right decision?
I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Tammy! So glad you found my blog. Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment. I can't take very much credit for the photos. My daughter is a photographer and she took most of the photos on my blog site. She amazes me. I feel blessed. She's very talented and sweet child (even tho' she's almost 25). She will always be my baby. So, good to meet you and I hope to chat more soon. We have a cabin on the mt. in front of my house in the country so we go 4-wheeling a lot. We will have to come by your place of business soon. I moved back home to this area myself just 3 years ago. It was a bit challenging at first after living in large cities and leaving old friends, etc. But I do love living back in my Grandmother's old farm house and spending so much time outdoors. So, for what it's worth, I think we all made the right choices. Keep up the bloggin' and stop by and leave me a line or two on occasion. Good Luck and God Bless! Susan
ReplyDelete